Reinforce your commitment to greener living. Saving electricity, recycling and protecting our natural resources help preserve the planet and ensure a sustainable future for everyone. It’s smart to be green.
Make the Switch to Green Living
Replace standard switches with dimmers, timers, occupancy sensors and CFL lampholders for a quick energy payback. Switching to lighting controls makes sense.
Our highlighted products will help lower your electrical costs and add convenience to everyday living. Using energy-saving devices cuts down on the amount of harmful gases released into the atmosphere as by-products of electrical power generation.
Green Product Choices
These are some of the many energy-saving products in Leviton’s broad selection. Visit the Lighting Control, Energy Management and OEM sections of leviton.com for a complete selection of smart green choices.
Vizia +® Incandescent Dimmer
Decora® IllumaTech™ Preset Dimmer
Decora® Preset Countdown Timer Switches
Vizia +® 24-Hour Programmable Timer Switch with Astronomical Clock
- U.S. Senator Gaylord Nelson founded Earth Day in1970.
- The name Earth Day was chosen in part because it rhymed with birthday.
- Earth Day marked the beginning of the modern environmental movement.
- Approximately 20 million Americans participated in the first Earth Day.
- Earth Day is now observed in 175 countries around the world.
- Each person throws away approximately 4 pounds of garbage every day.
- Most families throw away about 88 pounds of plastic each year.
- People at home use more than 1/3 of all energy.
- One third of all water is used to flush the toilet.
- Each gallon of fuel releases 20 pounds of carbon dioxide into the air.